Born: April 10, 1974
Record at Oaklawn
Total wins: 183
Stakes wins: 9
• Robertson’s 2019 Oaklawn meeting was highlighted by top female sprinter Amy’s Challenge, who won the $100,000 American Beauty Stakes and the $100,000 Spring Fever Stakes.
• From a training family, Mac Robertson is the son of Chicago-based Hugh Robertson and grew up working on his parent’s Pennsylvania farm.
• Mac Robertson was Oaklawn’s second-leading trainer in 2013 with 28 victories, his highest single-season total since starting his first horse in Hot Springs in 2005. Robertson has won at least four races at every Oaklawn meeting since then, including 12 in 2018 when he finished 10th in the standings.
• Robertson set a personal Oaklawn record for purse earnings in 2018 ($903,554), a meet highlighted by Amy’s Challenge winning the $125,000 Dixie Belle Stakes and Glacken’s Ghost the $100,000 Arkansas Breeders’ Stakes.
• Robertson won 73 races in 2019 at Canterbury Park in suburban Minneapolis to collect his 13th training title there since 2005. Robertson is a member of Canterbury’s Hall of Fame.
• Collected his 1,000th career victory June 18, 2016, at Canterbury.
• Oaklawn fan favorite and millionaire Win Willy provided Robertson with local victories in the 2009 Rebel Stakes (G2), 2011 Fifth Season Stakes and the 2011 Oaklawn Handicap (G2). Other top horses under Robertson’s care have included multiple graded stakes winner Hotshot Anna, graded stakes winner Bryan’s Jewel and multiple stakes winners Picko’s Pride and Hot Shot Kid, named Canterbury’s 2019 Horse of the Year after winning 6 of 7 starts, including five stakes.