Experience Thoroughbred Ownership
The Oaklawn Racing Club is your low risk pathway to becoming a race horse owner. Experience Thoroughbred ownership with a horse that will be trained by Ron Moquett. Ron, who is from Fort Smith, AR, has been among Oaklawn’s top trainers the last few years and has had major contenders in Oaklawn’s 3-year-old stakes program every year since 2015 and the track’s top sprinter in 2017, Whitmore.
The club is a low cost, low risk glimpse into the life of a Thoroughbred owner. Visit the track in the early mornings to watch your horse's morning training routine and watch and enjoy your horse as he competes at Oaklawn.
About the Oaklawn Racing Club:
- Horse to be trained by Ron Moquett
- $500 One Time Membership Fee (used to purchase a horse and pay for training fees & expenses for one year)
- No Additional Expenses
- Participants must be at least 18
- Receive regular updates on the program via email or on the dedicated club social media channels
- Interact with other racing Club Members at dedicated club functions and race days
- The horse to be selected by the trainer and all decisions on the horse will be made by the trainer on behalf of the Club
Perks of Being a Club Member
- A behind the scenes look into Thoroughbred ownership
- Two free reserved seats on days the Club horse runs. Excludes Rebel Stakes Day and Arkansas Derby Day.
- Barn Area Tours and Club Events
- Thrill of victory! (We hope!)
Not For Profit Organization
- By joining the club you agree to the membership agreement provided below
- The club is organized as a 501C7 Not for Profit Social Club
- The Club is structured as a not-for-profit educational association meaning you should not join the Club with any profit motive or expectation of profit. Understand that you may not receive back any of your $500 membership fee and and the maximum you may receive back is $500.
- For the official rules of the Oaklawn Racing Club, click here.
Club Limited to 200 Members. One Membership Per Person Only.
By clicking the below link and purchasing a membership in the Oaklawn Racing Club, you are acknowledging you have read and are agreeing to the below membership agreement.
OAKLAWN RACING CLUB MEMBERSHIP AGREEMENT
BY BECOMING A MEMBER OF THE OAKLAWN RACING CLUB, INC. (THE “CLUB”). I UNDERSTAND, REPRESENT AND AGREE AS FOLLOWS:
1. Purpose. I understand that the purpose of the Club is to provide an educational experience of Thoroughbred horse ownership through participation in a not-for-profit social club organized for pleasure, recreational and other non-profitable purposes that owns, trains and races Thoroughbred racehorses.
2. Club Activities. I understand that: (a) the Club will initially own one racehorse with plans to race at Oaklawn Racetrack in Hot Springs, AR and possibly other racetracks; (b) initially up to 200 memberships in the Club will be sold at $500 each and the funds raised from these membership dues will be used to pay the purchase price for the horse(s), as well as for training fees and other expenses; (c) membership dues will be deposited into a horsemen’s account and expenses will be paid from this account; (d) the horse(s) trainer will be Ron Moquett (or such other horse trainer as the Board of Directors of the Club may engage) and Jennifer Hoyt (or such other person as the Board of Directors of the Club may appoint) will represent the Club’s interest as the Club manager of the horse(s); (e) I will receive communications through social media and emails about the horse’s activities; (f) the Club may, upon the trainer’s recommendation, purchase additional horses; (g) day to day decisions will rest with the trainer and Club manager; (h) the initial Club membership term will be until August 8, 2018 (unless it becomes prudent to cease operations at an earlier date), and unless the Board of Directors of the Club otherwise decide, the horse will be sold and any monies remaining in the account after all financial obligations of the Club are met will be returned to the members pro rata up to $500 per member (without interest), although members at that time may be given the opportunity to purchase a membership for the next racing year, which may or may not include the original horse, upon terms approved by the Board of Directors; (i) if there are any funds remaining after return of all membership dues, the remaining funds will be contributed to one or more Thoroughbred racing related charity or charities as determined by the Board of Directors of the Club; and (j) Club activities may take place at a racetrack, which is subject to safety considerations, and I agree to be bound by and abide by rules and regulations of the racetrack. I acknowledge and confirm that I am at least 18 years of age.
3. No pecuniary profit. I understand that the Club is organized as a not-for-profit social club, and I am not joining the Club with any profit motive or expectation of profit. I understand the risks involved in horse racing and understand that I may not receive back any of my $500 membership dues; and I agree that the maximum I may receive by August 8, 2018 is $500.
4. Release. I recognize that hazards and risks are inherent in owning, training and racing Thoroughbred racehorses and related activities. I hereby acknowledge voluntary participation in the Club and, by my signature below, hereby release and forever discharge the Club, its affiliates and all directors, officers and agents of the foregoing from any and all liability of whatever kind arising from my participation in the Club; further, I waive all claims of all kinds against all and any of the foregoing arising from participation in the Club. This release shall be binding upon me and my heirs, successors and assigns. I also understand and agree that this release contemplates the release and discharge of any and all other claims that may exist or arise in the future as a result of any aforementioned occurrence and any injuries, illness, loss (including death) or damages to persons or property (including loss of use of property) allegedly sustained thereby by me.
5. Only Agreement. I agree this is the only agreement or understanding that applies to my interest in the Club. This Agreement may be executed by electronic means, including via clicking "I agree" to this Agreement on the Club membership internet sign up page.