Birthdate - July 5, 1972, in Hollywood, Florida
Family – daughter Victoria Rose
- Jockey Rosemary Homeister Jr., spending her second winter at Oaklawn, is currently the leading active female rider in the country with more than 2,600 victories, having reached the 2,500-win milestone May 23, 2012 at Arlington Park. She is the second all-time leading female rider behind the now retired Julie Krone who has 3,704 wins.
- Became the first female jockey to earn the Eclipse Award as Outstanding Apprentice Jockey in 1992.
- Was the leading rider at Hialeah Park in 2001, the only female to win the title at this historic racetrack.
- Prominent horses throughout her career include Cloudy’s Knight, who she rode to four stakes victories and a narrow second in the 2009 Breeders’ Cup Marathon, Supah Blitz, who she rode in the 2003 Kentucky Derby, Florida Oaks winner Diva Delite, Ms. Brookski, Whata Brainstorm and Grade 2 winner New Economy.
- The daughter of two jockeys, Rosemary started riding horses at an early age and began her career as an exercise rider and breaking yearlings. She earned her first career victory in 1991 at Calder Racecourse, where her mother, Rosemary Sr., had turned from riding to training horses.