Born: 09/22/1951, Poughkeepsie, NY
Resides: Jacksonville, AR
Family: wife Val, wife; daughters Tammy and Mary, and sons Joey, Matt and Ryan
• Owner Bob Yagos, who retired his multiple stakes winner Spotsgone in 2010, was afraid it might be
a while before he had another horse like him, but found himself with a colt that would take him, his
longtime trainer Jinks Fires to their first Kentucky Derby in 2011.
• Archarcharch showed promise as a 2-year-old, but it was at three when he really came to hand, winning
both the Southwest Stakes and Arkansas Derby to earn the trip to Churchill Downs for the Derby. He
unfortunately exited the race with a career ending injury and stood his first season as a stallion in 2012
at Spendthrift Farm in Kentucky.
• Yagos, who operates a large auto salvage business in Jacksonville, first ventured into racing for recreation
20 years ago and has been Fires for about 19 years.
• Prior to Archarcharch, Spotsgone provided the owner with some of his biggest thrills in racing. He won the
2007 Hanshin and Sea O’ Erin Handicaps at Arlington and the 2008 Essex Handicap at Oaklawn.
• In recent years, he has become more and more involved in the Arkansas breeding program and is
standing Spotsgone at Lake Hamilton Equine Associates near Hot Springs.