Residence: Des Moines, Iowa
• A semi-retired trial lawyer with a successful record as both a plaintiff and a defender, Moss turned her
competitive passions from the law to racing beginning in 1998. She has been among Oaklawn’s leading owners
for several years and in 2012, she had 12 victories, highlighted by Outta Tune’s upset in the Count Fleet Sprint
• Moss enjoyed her first Grade 1 win in 2012 with the 2-year-old filly So Many Ways, winner of Saratoga’s Spinaway
• Moss grew up in the city of Des Moines, but her father purchased a horse farm and she started riding at age 10.
She competed on the show circuit and won the Kansas City American Royal and also competed in the first US
Grand Prix Jumping Championship. She was a three-time national Equestrian Champion, and has served as an
analyst for ESPN.
• She started out “dabbling” in racing with a claimer named Apak at Oaklawn in 1998. The horse went on to set
track records at Prairie Meadows for Moss and from there she launched a prolific claiming operation. Today her
stable is spread among several trainers across the country.
• She led the nation in wins in 2006 and has titles at Aqueduct, Churchill Downs, nine at Prairie Meadows,
Belmont Park and Fair Grounds. She was a finalist for the Eclipse Award in 2007.