Born: November 23, 1960
Birthplace: Gainsville, Fla.
Family: wife Krystal, daughters Donielle and Aubrey, sons Justin and Aaron
- The leading rider at Oaklawn in 2000, Jon Court was once again among the leaders in 2013 with 19 victories, including the Smarty Jones and Rebel Stakes with Will Take Charge and the Instant Racing with Blueskyintherein.
- Will Take Charge was Court’s third straight Kentucky Derby mount. In 2011, Archarcharch, trained by his father-in-law Jinks Fires, became his first Derby mount after winning the Southwest Stakes and Arkansas Derby.
- Court also won the 2010 Arkansas Derby with Line of David.
- Court grew up around horses in Florida, but got his start riding in Colorado in 1980. He later rode in Louisiana for 12 years before setting up shop in the Midwest where he was a perennial leading rider at Ellis Park and Hoosier. He moved his tack to California in 2004 and was among the riders featured in the TV show “Jockey” before returning to the Midwest in 2009.
- Other top mounts for Court include Fleetstreet Dancer, who won the Japan Cup Dirt in 2003 and 2005 Eclipse Award turf champion Leroidesanimeaux, whom he rode to a pair of Grade 1 victories.
- He was honored with the 2007 George Woolf Award and was secretary of the Jockeys’ Guild for two terms.