Born: October 30, 1954, Pleasanton, California
Resides: Pleasanton, California
Family: Sons Max, Duke III, Tucker, Brooks and daughter Vikki
- Trainer Jeff Bonde was born with racing running through his veins. His father, Duke Bonde Jr., uncle Bob Depont and brother, Gary, were farriers, and his grandfather, Duke Sr., was a trainer. He started his racing career in 1969 in Northern California, and began working for trainer Jerry Dutton who showed him the basics of training. He then took out his trainer’s license in 1973 at the age of 19.
- After many years as a regular on the Northern California circuit, he began to increase his presence on the Southern California circuit with much success and has become a regular at all major Southern California race meets.
- Thanks to Smiling Tiger, Bonde had a solid 2011 who was a two-time G1 winner during the year, as well as 3-year-old filly Cambina, and 3-year-old male Twice the Appeal, winner of the Sunland Derby, and 4th in the Arkansas Derby.
- Bonde is no stranger to Oaklawn Park winner’s circle. He was victorious with Sierra Sunset in the G2 Rebel in 2008, Smiling Tiger in the 2011 G3 Count Fleet and Road Ready in the 2011 Bachelor.
- Notable wins in 2013 included: She’s a Tiger in the Landaluce Stake and the G1 Del Mar Debutante Stake, Unusual Way in the Zia Park Oaks, and Majestic Stride and G3 Vernon O. Underwood Stake.