Dream Walkin’ Farms, Inc. /(Toby Covel)
Farms Residence: Pauls Valley, Oklahoma
• Dream Walkin’ Farms, Inc. sits off of I-35 on 300 acres in Pauls Valley in central Oklahoma. It is managed by Lynden French for Toby Covel. Covel has been racing horses for roughly 20 years and built the farm about 17 years ago.
• Covels’ Dream Walkin Farms colors have become a familiar sight here at Oaklawn. It currently has 30-40 horses racing throughout the Midwest and East Coast, with nearly 30 horses currently racing and training here at Oaklawn Park.
• To date, Cactus Ridge has been the most notable horse to run for Dream Walkin’ Farms. He won the first four starts of his career, including three stakes and was among the favorites for the 2002 Breeders’ Cup Juvenile before having to retire the week of the race with an injury. He currently stands at Royal Vista Ranch in Wayne, Oklahoma.
• Reckless Jerry, a son of Cactus Ridge, gave them a taste of “Derby Fever” in 2012 with his second-place finish in the Smarty Jones Stakes and third in the Southwest Stakes. They currently they have some promising three year olds that will be running this season.
• Covel is better known to most as country music superstar Toby Keith.