Born: 8/23/62, Joplin, Missouri
Resides: Jones, Oklahoma
Family: wife Kim, sons Baylin and Cale
- A top rider on the Arkansas-Texas-Oklahoma circuit, Berry won 29 races at Oaklawn in 2013, including the Fifth Season Stakes and Essex Handicap with Donoharm and his third straight Downthedustyroad Breeders’ Stakes with All About Allie.
- Berry, who was Oaklawn’s leading rider in 2011 and 2012, earned his 4,000th career victory Oct. 28, 2012 at Remington Park where he closed out the year with his 15th title at the Oklahoma track.
- He won seven races from seven mounts Dec. 10, 2010 at Remington Park, a historic achievement matched by only three other riders. One day earlier, he rode five winners at the track.
- Won the richest race of his career in the 2007 $500,000 Super Derby aboard Going Ballistic. Oher top mounts include 2009 Rebel and 2011 Oaklawn Handicap winner Win Willy, Jonesboro, Baghdaria and Sephamore Man.
- The veteran rider got his start galloping horses for his father Bob Berry, a bloodstock dealer. Early in his racing career he rode Quarter Horses before switching completely to Thoroughbreds in 1980 at Louisiana Downs.