• Central Arkansas natives, the Lieblongs live on an 80-acre farm where they previously raised cattle. Alex
heads his own investment firm in Little Rock and also has bank, gas and oil holdings. He attended University
of Central Arkansas but left when drafted in the U.S. Army.
• The wife-husband team first ventured into racing as partners with longtime Arkansas owners Patricia and
Gus “Buddy” Blass in the early 1990s.
• During the 2012 meet, they won five races, highlighted by Junebugred’s victory in the $100,000 Smarty
Jones opening weekend. Among their best horses expected to run in 2013 is Sorority Stakes runner-up
• They have found their biggest success in recent years through multiple Grade 1 winner Telling and as coowners
of 2010 Oaklawn Handicap winner Duke of Mischief.
• Alex is a member of the Arkansas Racing Commission and JoAnn volunteers with the Arkansas division of
the Racetrack Chaplaincy of America.