Alex & Joann Lieblong
- Central Arkansas natives, the Lieblongs live on an 80-acre farm where they previously raised cattle. Alex heads his own investment firm in Little Rock and also has bank, gas and oil holdings. He attended University of Central Arkansas but left when drafted in the U.S. Army.
- The wife-husband team first ventured into racing as partners with longtime Arkansas owners Patricia and Gus “Buddy” Blass in the early 1990s.
- The Lieblong’s found much success in 2013 with horses that began the year at Oaklawn. Marathon Lady finished third in the Gr. 3 Fantasy, second in the Gr. 2 Black-Eyed Susan Stakes at Pimlico, and was then third in a pair of Grade 1s – the Mother Goose at Belmont and Coaching Club American Oaks at Saratoga. For Greater Glory finished third in the Gr. 2 Dwyer Stakes at Belmont.
- Top horses have been multiple Grade 1 winner Telling and 2010 Oaklawn Handicap winner Duke of Mischief, owned in partnership.
- Alex is a member of the Arkansas Racing Commission and JoAnn is on the board of the Arkansas division of the Racetrack Chaplaincy of America.