Born: Jan. 1, 1994
- Propelled by a strong second half of the meet, Alex Canchari finished 2016 third in the standings with 36 wins. He also finished second by one win in the Canterbury Park jockey standings.
- He launched his professional riding career Dec. 26, 2011, at Hawthorne.His first career victory came Jan. 13, 2012, at Oaklawn when Run Mama Beare Run ($14.20) won the first race of the meeting. Canchari’s second mount on the opening-day card, Simply Gone ($76.80), won the sixth race.
- Leading rider as an 18-year-old at the 2012 Hawthorne fall/winter meeting, topping the likes of Florent Geroux and Francisco Torres.
- Canchari recorded his first career stakes victory aboard Devil and a Half in the $60,000 Arkansas Breeders’ April 7, 2013, at Oaklawn.
- Canchari was raised in Shakopee, Minn., home of Canterbury Park, where his father, Luis, rode in the early 1980s after emigrating from Peru. He grew up on the Canterbury backside and worked at the track selling concessions for two and a half years before becoming the track’s second-leading rider in 2014.