$3,500 SCARY-OKE 2017 | WEDNESDAY, OCT. 25
Submit Video Here: http://bit.ly/Scaryoke2017
On Wednesday, October 25 in Silks Bar and Grill from 7-11 p.m., Oaklawn will host the $3,500 Scary-Oke Competition. $2 drafts wine and wells will be offered in Silks Bar and Grill and Pop’s Lounge during this time.
HOW TO ENTER
- Participants can enter by submitting video entries via Oaklawn’s Facebook Scary-Oke Events Page. DEADLINE OCT. 14th
- Six Finalists will be selected by popular vote received by video “Likes, Comments, Shares”.
- Seven Finalists will be selected by the three Judges: Brandon Scott, DJ Double C and Jennifer Bailey from KLAZ.
- Altogether there will be 13 Finalists competing to be Oaklawn’s 2017 Scary-Oke Champion.
- Past Scary-Oke Champions cannot enter into the competition.
- The 13 Finalists will have to compete in Two Rounds: The Wheel of Death Round and The Choice Song Round.
- First the 13 Finalists will face the Wheel of Death where a random song will be selected by the contestant spinning a wheel of mystery songs.
- Then the 13 Finalists will sing a song of their choice.
- The Judges will then pick the Top Three contestants that will go onto the Final Round.
- The Final Three will sing another song of their choice and deliver the performances of a lifetime in order to walk away with the title of Scary-Oke Champion 2017 and the $1,500 Cash!
- There will also be four “Best in Category” winners for $125 Cash.
JUDGES SCORING CRITERIA (50 points total)
Costume 15 points
Vocal Ability 10 points
Crowd Response 10 points
Overall 15 points
TOP 3 PRIZE DISTRIBUTION
1st Place $1,500 Cash
2nd Place $1,000 Cash
3rd Place $500 Cash
Best Wheel of Death Round $125 Cash
Best Costume $125 Cash
Best Crowd Reaction $125 Cash
Best Use of Prop Box $125 Cash
Additional Contest Rules
- Contestants must be at least twenty one (21) years of age. If selected, you may need to show proof of age.
- Audition Videos will only be accepted October 1st 2017 through October 14th 2017. No Audition Videos will be accepted after 11:59 p.m. CT on October 14th 2017. Audition Videos should be submitted at http://bit.ly/Scaryoke2017 and be no longer than 4 minutes in length.
- Accepted contestants will be announced via our Facebook Scary-Oke Event page on October 16th. Judges choice contestants will be announced via our Facebook Scary-Oke Event page on October 18th
- The contestant may submit ONLY ONE (1) Audition Video.
- Singers must perform and be judged on a solo performance. No duets or group performances are allowed.
- Contestants must be amateur singers or entertainers, otherwise be persons who may be involved within the entertainment industry as singers or entertainers on a part time basis, and do not belong to any professional organization(s) connected with the entertainment industry. Vocal contestants must not have any albums of any kind out in public.
- Contestants may sing the same song as another contestant.
- Team Members of Oaklawn Racing and Gaming and Southwestern Catering are ineligible.
- Audition Videos must NOT contain material which is sexually explicit, obscene, pornographic, violent (for example, relating to murder, weapons, cruelty, abuse, etc.), discriminatory (based on race, sex, religion, national origin, physical disability, sexual orientation or age), illegal (for example, underage drinking, substance abuse, computer hacking, etc.), offensive, threatening, profane or harassing.
- By participation, the entrant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules. Entries not in compliance with these Official Rules shall be null and void. Oaklawn Racing and Gaming may request and/or require winners to complete and return a Liability Release and a Publicity Release as a condition of accepting any prize package. By participating in this promotion, participants are giving consent for their image to be recorded for use in any and all media, whether now known or hereafter devised. Oaklawn, whose decisions are final, administer contest and prize drawings.
- By submitting a video, each entrant or participant releases Facebook of any and all liability and acknowledges that the promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
Here are Tips to help you get picked for Scary-Oke:
- Make sure we can hear and understand you. Good, clear audio quality in a video submission for a singing contest is a MUST!
- Make sure we can see you. Good quality video of you that is well lit and focused is extremely important and allows you to show off your performance abilities. Pick a nice shot of you from the waist up as close to the center of the room as you can.
- Don’t submit videos that include someone talking, cheering, or singing near the camera.
- If you are using a cell phone, turn it sideways or horizontal. It would also be much better if the cell phone was in a holder or set on a table. Not being held by someone who is moving around too much.
- Use a tripod when recording to ensure a high quality video. You look better in a clear, focused, smooth video.
- Do not include introductions at the start of your video. The best videos begin right at the top of the singer’s performance and stop at the end. We want to see your performance – nothing else.
- Present us with your best Karaoke Song. Sing the song that you perform best.
- Be yourself. Sing in your range, at your ability. Look and behave like you. The best performers bring themselves to the stage.
- Keep it simple. Don’t include anything that distracts from a great Karaoke performance. Props, costumes, dancing, acting, set pieces, etc. – all these should be cautiously used during video auditions however are encouraged during the live performance.
If you have any questions please contact our marketing department at 1(800)OAKLAWN ext. 350.